Schools: Helping Students Stay Safe
Download the NetSmartz Safety Pledge developed by the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children for use with middle and high school students.
Ask students to take home the pledge, review it with a parent or guardian, and sign and return it to a teacher or school resource officer (SRO).
- I will talk with my parents or guardian about their expectations and ground rules for going online.
- I will keep my identity private.
- I will never respond to any online communication that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- I will never meet in person with anyone I have "met" online without discussing it with my parents or guardian.
- I will respect other people's rights while online.
Download Additional Materials